Bentonite Chips/Pellets are made of Premium high Swelling Natural Sodium Bentonite. These form a flexible, permanent, non-toxic seal where water flows and hydrostatic pressures are involved.
Sizes are available in 5 to 10 mm (1/4 to 3/8 inch) and any Bespoke solutions would be available.
- Seal all types of well sealing, abandonment, seismic shot holes, grounding rods, mineral exploration holes, etc.
- Seal surface casing for water wells and well pits.
- Provide an intermediate seal, preventing inter-aquifer transfer.
- Seal at the upper most aquifer and prevent entrance of surface water into aquifer.
- Seal abandoned wells maintaining aquifer yield and artesian head.
- Works under most conditions.
- Increased hardness and density provide better settling characteristics. Can be placed in a dry or wet borehole with the same ease as pea gravel.
- Extremely slow swelling rate allow the proper placement of the Bentonite seal without bridging.
- Will swell up to 15 times its dry volume when hydrated by fresh water.
- It will provide an “in place” expansive seal.
- Cost effect.
- Superior characteristics where low permeability flexible seals are required.
- It will not shrink or crack with time.
- Non-toxic and non-polluting.
- Eliminates void and bridging.
For more details...